International Research Collaboration
As a leading Research Centre for the interdisciplinary studies of East Asia in the capital of Europe, EASt promotes joint research projects and inter-faculty collaborations with researchers from various universities in Europe, East Asia, and North America. Members of EASt are committed to fostering scientific collaborations and communication-networks among researchers with a shared goal of making our studies of both local and global issues concerning East Asia as comprehensive as possible.
We have agreed to a Memorandum of Understanding as a statement of our intent to work towards the realization of collaborative research projects. This agreement includes co-organization of international conferences, coordination of research workshops, collaborative book projects, and a mutual accommodation of publications through university libraries. The list of universities and research institutions that have joined our international cooperation for the academic studies of East Asia is the following:
- East China Normal University, Centre for Gender and Cultural Studies (China)*
- National Taiwan Normal University, International Taiwan Studies Center (Taiwan)
- Kanda University of International Studies, The Research Institute for Japanese Studies (Japan)
- Nagoya Universty of Foreign Studies (Japan)
- Waseda University (Japan)*
- National University of Laos (Laos)
- American University, East Asian Studies Program (USA)
CO-ORGANIZED CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
- (Forthcoming) « Asian Philosophical Texts » Université libre de Bruxelles, Brussels (Belgium), October 26th & 27th, 2018.
- « Articulating Gender in Mordern China: Retro-Prospective Encounters » by Prof. Jiang Jin (East China Normal University), May 14th & 15th, 2018.
- « Immigrant Japan: Mobility and Belonging in an Ethnonationalist Society » by Prof. Gracia Liu-Farrer (Waseda University), April 24, 2018.
- « A Japanese Approach: Between Life and Death, From Nature to Artefacts » by Masahiro Morioka and Hideo Iwasaki (Waseda University), March 19th 2018
- « Japan, the EU & the Challenges facing the Global Liberal Order » (Waseda University), March 12th & 13th, 2018
- « Manifesto coordination in multi-level settings – Waseda Brussels Office Workshop » (Waseda University), March 9th & 10th
- « Logos et lemme de Tokuryu YAMAUCHI (1890-1982): une critique de la logique occidentale » by Prof. Tatsuya ITO, February 27th, 2018
- « A Research Workshop on 場所, χώρα, and Einräumen: Conceptualizing the Place of the Coincidentia Oppositorum » University of Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona (Spain), February 19th, 2018
- « WBO Workshop Two: Contemporary Architecture And Urbanism In The Metropolis » (Waseda University), November 17th, 2017
- « WBO Workshop One: The inaugural academic event » (Waseda University), November 17th, 2017
- KUIS-RIJS, Japan Guidebook『英語で発信！Japanガイドブック』, Tokyo: Perikansha, 2018
- 『遠藤周作と『沈黙』を語る』, Tokyo : 長崎文献社, 2017
ULB’s ten “privileged partners” are indicated with an asterisk (*) at the end.